So many managers struggle with how to hold tough conversations and give honest feedback. This is because it is not easy to let someone know that they are not meeting the company expectations. Employees can become defensive, disengaged or even challenge what you say. This course walks you through the five steps of performance management and gets you prepared to handle tough conversations and follow a process.
In this course, you will learn.
- How to execute the performance management cycle.
- How to hold tough conversations.
- How to deal with different responses you may encounter from each employee.
- To understand how to move from everyday coaching to something more serious.
- How to communicate in a way that is firm but fair.
Within the coaching guide, you will find an entire fully scripted conversation and how to deal with employee’s responses, knowing what to say and when to say it.
Who is this course for? Anyone that manages people.